Other Grants

There are some grants and schemes available towards reducing the cost of energy improvements in homes. These include:

Energy company assistance

Most energy companies offer free loft and cavity insulation so speak to your energy supplier and check if you qualify to get one. Some energy suppliers can supply insulation even if you are not their customer. Check their websites or contact them directly for more information.

Resident Support Scheme (RSS)

At risk or vulnerable residents who do not have sufficient funds to pay for fuel costs can be helped by the Resident Support Scheme. This is typically to help prepayment meter users who do not have enough money to heat or power their home.

Warmer Homes Fund (Mayor of London)

The Mayor of London is helping owner occupiers across London install energy efficiency measures into their homes through the Warmer Homes Scheme. To qualify you must own your own home and be in receipt of a qualifying benefit, or an owner occupier who has been assessed as fuel poor by the Energy Advice Team. Call the Energy Advice Team for more information or help to apply.

Useful Documents