Solar Together London is a group buying scheme – Islington Council have been successfully participating in the scheme over the past few years. It brings together households and local government to get high quality solar panels at a highly competitive price. It aims to help you through the process, keeping you informed at every stage.
In addition, this year the scheme will include a battery storage option alongside your solar panel installation. Battery storage saves the unused energy that is generated by your solar panels, meaning that you can use it whenever you want, instead of only during the day. It can also reduce the electricity you use from the grid and further cut your energy bills. You can add this battery storage option to your installation when you receive your personal recommendation.
If you already have solar panels installed, you can maximise how much of your self-generated energy you can use at home by having battery storage – to register for this storage option, simply go to www.solartogether.co.uk/islington and select the ‘storage only’ registration button.
Registrations for Solar Together will close at 23:59 on 22nd March.
How does it work?
- Registration: you register for free and without obligation before 23:59 on 22nd March at www.solartogether.co.uk/islington. To register you simply provide details about your roof, such as its size and orientation.
- Auction: On 23rd March an auction will be held where pre-vetted installers submit their lowest prices. The more people that register, the better the deal should be for each household.
- Your personalised offer: from 12th April, you will be contacted with a personalised offer, based on the specifications of your roof. It includes the cost and specification of your solar panel installation and the offer for battery storage.
- You decide whether to accept your offer. There is no obligation to continue. You will have until 24th May to decide and will be invited to visit a local information session.
- Installation: if you accept the offer, the winning supplier will contact you to schedule a survey of your roof and set an installation date. All installations will be completed by the end of October 2021.
Registration opens – 15 February 2021
Registration closes – 22 March 2021 (23:59)
Auction takes place – 23 March 2021
Personalised offers sent out – starting 12 April 2021
Acceptance ends – 24 May 2021
Installations take place by end October 2021
Find out more
For information about when planning permission is needed for installing solar panels on your home, please see our Islington-specific guidance.
Solar Together London is being run in partnership with iChoosr – independent experts in group buying. Their dedicated helpdesk is available to answer your questions from 8am – 5pm, Monday to Friday on 0800 060 8509