Solar Together London is a group buying scheme. It brings together households and local government to get high quality solar panels at a highly competitive price. It aims to help you through the process, keeping you informed at every stage.
Registrations for Solar Together will close at 23:59 on 21 October.
How does it work?
- Registration: you register for free and without obligation before 23:59 on 21 October at www.solartogether.co.uk/islington. To register you simply provide details about your roof, such as its size and orientation.
- Auction: On 22 October an auction will be held where pre-vetted installers submit their lowest prices. The more people that register, the better the deal should be for each household.
- Your personalised offer: from 11 November, you will be contacted with a personalised offer, based on the specifications of your roof. It includes the cost and specification of your solar panel installation.
- You decide whether to accept your offer. There is no obligation to continue. You will have until 13 December to decide and will be invited to visit a local information session.
- Installation: if you accept the offer, the winning supplier will contact you to schedule a survey of your roof and set an installation date. All installations will be completed by the end of May 2020.
Registration opens – 17 September 2019
Registration closes – 21 October 2019 (23:59)
Auction takes place – 22 October 2019
Personalised offers sent out – starting 11 November 2019
Acceptance ends – 13 December 2019
Installations take place by May 2020
Find out more
For information about when planning permission is needed for installing solar panels on your home, please see our Islington-specific guidance.
Solar Together London is being run in partnership with iChoosr – independent experts in group buying. Their dedicated helpdesk is available to answer your questions from 8am – 5pm, Monday to Friday on 0800 060 8509